Fork Lift Trucks
- Identify the basic construction and components, and the purpose and use of all controls and gauges
- Identify and comply with manufacturers instructions in accordance with the operators handbook, other information sources i.e. rating plates, and applicable regulations
- Carry out all pre-use and running checks
- Configure the forklift for travel
- Manoeuvre the forklift both with and without a load
- Manoeuvre in confined areas using forward and reverse direction, both with and without a load
- Set up the forklift in order to lift various loads
- Lift various loads within the full working range of the forklift
- Ensure load integrity and security
- Transport loads
- Place and retrieve loads accurately at various places
- Place and retrieve loads from a vehicle bed or trailer
- Keep within safe working parameters
- Place the forklift in an out-of-service condition
- Explain the loading and unloading procedure on and off a transporter
Who are the courses for?
Anyone who uses or will be using an industrial counterbalanced forklift truck in the land-based industries or construction industry.
Novice operators – 5 days
Experienced operators – varying depending on experience
1 instructor : 3 trainees
Equipment required for CPCS course and test
Serviceable industrial forklift which meets current legislation, having a 1 tonne rated lift capacity or above, fitted with:
i) Standard forks
ii) R.O.P.S, F.O.P.S and a seatbelt.
iii) The operator's manual.
Equipment required for land-based course and test
- Operator instruction book for all machinery and attachments
- Lift truck complying with safety regulations in a well-maintained state
- Overalls and wet weather clothing
- High visibility jacket
- PPE (eye, head, foot and hand protection)
- Notebook and pencil
Dry clean building with room for all machinery to be worked on, light and heating if necessary, seating and tables for trainees, suitable area of land to operate (see above).
- Skills guide
- Land-based theory test question paper
- Land-based operator assessment form
(Training and certification)
1 Day Course – corrective training & assessment - £195+VAT
2 Day Course for Experienced Trainees - £320+VAT
3 Day Course for semi-experienced Trainees - £420 +VAT
5 Day Course for Novice Telescopic/Counterbalance - £680+VAT
- Free off road parking
- Tea & Coffee
- Cost of certificate
We also offer discounts on multiple bookings
Find out what people are saying about our courses. Read testimonials.
The full cost of the course is to be paid before the start of the course.
If your place on the course is cancelled, the following will apply:-
- 7 days notice - full fee refunded
- 3-7 days notice - half fee refunded *
- 1-3 days notice - quarter fee refunded *
* if place can be filled then the full fee will be refunded