- Understand the nature of the hazards and identify the causes
- Identify and understand requirements and responsibilities under the current legislation
- Understand the characteristics of abrasive and their action
- Understand and interpret the marking system of abrasive wheels
- Recognise the need for careful handling of abrasive wheels and carry out visual check and ring tests (bench grinders)
- Understand and identify what speeds should be adhered to in wheel selection
- Identify main components and understand their functions
- Mount an abrasive wheel and /or a diamond blade
- Understand the difference between truing and dressing a wheel, undertake dressing a wheel and identify dressers (bench grinders)
- Adjust work rests correctly (bench grinders)
- Use operating precautions and be aware of avoiding hazardous conditions
- Demonstrate their knowledge on abrasive wheels and diamond blades
- Carry out daily maintenance on petrol powered machines
Who is the course for?
Farmers, managers, fitters, foremen and workers who are required to use abrasive wheels or petrol powered saws and supervise their use.
- Introduction and aims of course
- Legislative responsibilities
- Abrasive wheel characteristics and cutting action
- Abrasive wheel composition and marking system
- Wheel and spindle speed
- Inspection, handling, storage and transport
- Personal Protective Equipment
- Abrasive wheel components
- Hazards arising from use of abrasive wheels and saws
- Mounting an abrasive wheel
- Adjustment of work rests
- Truing and dressing the wheel
- Mounting a diamond blade
- Fault finding
Petrol Driven Saws:
- Diamond blades
Use of Equipment:
- The safe use of equipment
- Practical Assessment and Assessment of Underpinning knowledge
Eye protection (CE EN166 B), suitable protective workshop clothing, bench mounted grinder, petrol driven saw, and hand held machines (relevant to each course) in safe working order.
Publications included in this package
Skills guide, practical assessment report form, theory test paper.
- Free off road parking
- Tea & Coffee
- Cost of certificate
We also offer discounts on multiple bookings
Find out what people are saying about our courses. Read testimonials.
For information on course dates, please ring 01305 848454 or email email@example.com.
6 places available
The full cost of the course is to be paid before the start of the course.
If your place on the course is cancelled, the following will apply:-
- 7 days notice - full fee refunded
- 3-7 days notice - half fee refunded *
- 1-3 days notice - quarter fee refunded *
* if place can be filled then the full fee will be refunded